'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 3 January 2008

Time alone




It's been pretty hot here the last few days.
A lovely pastime in the heat is to go kayaking, as there always seems to be a cooling breeze under the willows.  Our local river is still tidal up here near the house, so if I plan it right, I can go down and then paddle back with the rising tide.  
I kayak with friends, but I'm equally happy to go by myself, with my little dog as figurehead. She seems to love watching the water slide by underneath her.  
The water birds like the mallard, kingfisher, cormorant and pukeko often just go about their business.
The tranquility of the river is wonderfully soothing.  
It's a good thing to take quality time alone in a place you love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.