'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Friday 30 May 2008

Time for Meme



My ex... Had wavy red hair past his shoulders when I met him, but now wears a toupee.
Maybe I should... light a fire now before it gets too dark to see the wood-pile.
I love... sitting in the local hot pools underneath the winter milky way, chatting to a few friends.
People would say... that my children are absolutely super kids, and they'd be right!
I don't understand... why I avoid vacuuming when I like the result so much.
When I wake up in the morning... I like to plan my day in my mind before I get up.
I lost... my glasses.  I think I hung them in one of my trees but I can't remember which one.
Life is full of... such a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.
My past is... going to be used in my novel one day.
I get annoyed when... my dog leaves muddy tracks through the kitchen when I've just done my bi-monthly floor-wash.
Parties are... often a bit scary for me.   
I wish... that I had more time to do everything I want to, and see what I want to see.
Dogs... can be a great way to teach children how to be kind.
Cats... are a problem in the New Zealand native forests because they eat baby native birds.
Tomorrow... rain is forecast, but it won't be enough for the hydro lakes in the South Island.
I have low tolerance... of cockroaches.
If I had a million dollars... I would buy a small farm and raise hens and stud Dorper sheep, and grow passionfruit, feijoas, persimmons, macadamia nuts and mandarins.
I'm totally terrified... of nothing, but would be very sad if any of my children were to die in pain.

2 comments:

  1. glad to see this meme has a life of its own !

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o) yep...It's ALIVE! I'm not even going to tag anyone with it. Let's just see where it turns up next. Erm, you don't want royalties, do you?
    BTW Auckland to Russell - and you went through the BoP?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.