'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Friday 20 June 2008

Friday Night at the Movies

Most Friday evenings here we have a pot luck tea followed by a movie.  Over the years this has been a lovely way that people have come into our lives.  The local pet shop man had a double whammy - separation and his shop lease coming up for renewal (forcing his sale), so I impulsively asked him over.  I like to think a few hours once a week in another space helped him through a tricky time.  We don't see him so much these days since he met his lovely new lady. 

Other visitors are old friends, yet others become new ones.  At the moment we have a nice group of people I met through the U3A (University of the Third Age).  And of course I get to share my favourite movies with others, and so the evenings are always super for me.  And other people's food is always nice! 

Tonight the room will be cosy, the fire will be blazing, and we're starting the excellent BBC version of "Our Mutual Friend".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.