'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Friday 8 May 2009

Thorpeness.



Thorpeness is an 'exclusive' purpose-built village with artificial boating lake and lovely homes.  Thorpeness is unusual in that it was created in the early 1900s as a model seaside village, the old fishing hamlet of Thorpe having been bought and 'improved' by the Scottish landowner and playwright G. Scott Ogilvie.


We walked down a track, N. eating fat blackberries that were growing there, and found the windmill that was used to pump the water for the village and nearby the tank stand for storing the water.  This tank is now converted into "The House in the Clouds" - a home and bed and breakfast.  What a novel place for guests to spend the night!


N. was so focused on eating, I had time to take her picture at the instant John directed her gaze to the house.


6 comments:

  1. She doesn't mind having her picture taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love it. What a fabulous house and a great expression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love the unusual house, picture three and the berry pictures brought back some warm memories. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the house and berries. Take good care.

    xx lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the tank house!! I wanna stay there!

    Funny pic of N! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked at the house and had this totally irrational thought that it might fall over if I moved around upstairs. Where did that come from?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.