'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 26 August 2008

Chocolate



 
Like most people, I love chocolate. But chocolate gives me headaches. Unfortunately not all the time.  So I eat chocolate.  One of my favourite types is Toblerone.  So imagine my delight when I visited Jeff's art site just now and saw what he's painting today.   
Here's a photo of a corner of my bathroom (which, by the way, I renovated myself).  The print comes from a calendar of old chocolate advertisements that N. and I bought in Italy on our trip, the account of which grows steadily here

Post Script.  Jimmy has pointed out that on the Matterhorn logo on the Toblerone box, there's a bear (The symbol of Bern) that not many people spot.  How delightful! 


6 comments:

  1. Wonder where the "one" in "Toblerone" came from aa your poster simply shows the word "Tobler". There must be a story behind that and why is its last syllable pronounced "own"? Those crazy Swiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, me, pick me sir, (waves arm about) I know the answer!
    "TOBLERONE" is a word play upon the names "Tobler" and "Torrone," the Italian word for honey-almond nougat. It really is, sir. And it was Jean Tobler who started the company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever Kiwi! Clearly not a kiwi fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So -Do I get a star SIr?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous27.8.08

    Another cool thing about Toblerone, is that there's a bear hiding within the mountain logo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous27.8.08

    Mmm! Chocolate!! I love chocolate! I suffer from migraines and I'm just SO thankful that chocolate doesn't affect me in that way! Nor does cheese! Yay me!

    Funny thing, just yesterday I watched the Billy Connolly monolgue on Toblerone. Do you know the one? He does a wonderful impression of a man with an 'alp' stuck up his nostril and two jammed in the roof of his mouth! LOL!

    'Who would invent a sweetie that hurts you?'

    Well, now we know the answer!

    And I didn't know about the bear, either, Katherine, but now you've pointed it out, he's very clear!!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.