'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Sunset down at the Marina






One evening we found ourselves down near the Tauranga Yacht Club and marina as the lowering sun was pinkening the sky. Cottonwool clouds over Mount Maunganui and golden light on the softly lapping water were a recipe for loveliness.

6 comments:

  1. oh...these are absolutely stunning photos. Your summer is our winter. This fact makes them even more gorgeous looking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely beautiful!

    I bet you didn't know that "your" summer is "our" winter...that statement seems to divide the world into "us" and "them" and "you" might be part of either one, depending on which side of the bed you got up on this morning, which is your evening....

    I need my morning coffee to put my curmudgeonly side in its place. But the photos, as I said, are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the pics Sis, Robert!

    Don't worry Robert. We're used to it. The world looks just as lovely whether one is 'You' or 'Us', and that's all I care about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Errr - here in the UK we have returned to the Ice Age and you are rubbing in your summery expeditions. Thank you VERY much Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loverly! Just, Loverly!

    JIm (slowly adapting to the desert)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y.P - just posting, not rubbing!

    Adapting Jim - Some of your desert sunsets and rises are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.