'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Saturday 11 September 2010

Lamb 3



I'm sorry to have to tell you that Lamb is not well. She has pneumonia. I took her to the vet and she has been given a long-acting antibiotic injection (3 day's worth) and I have made up some electrolyte liquid and I have a syringe so she can get it while she's too weak to suck. The vet said that if she can make it through the next 24 hours she'll almost certainly be fine. I'm keeping her warm and I have my fingers crossed. She's in the bottom of the hot water cupboard. Shelly is having a sleep as she is so exhausted from watching over the lamb all last night. I might have to re-name her Florence.
If the lamb lives I will have to call her Expensive.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope Expensive will be fine - poor little lamb. And good for you rescueing her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you DBM. Unfortunately she didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.