'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday 23 October 2011

Where Leaves Meet Overhead.


For some reason there is a kind of place that never fails to please me. Wherever I encounter it, whatever the landform, the weather, be it informal and unkempt or tidy and regular, on a hill, a plain, on footpath or highway, even on Google Earth (but preferably in reality) ; I love places where the trees meet overhead.

I hereby announce they are 'My' places.








4 comments:

  1. I can hardly imagine what a psychologist might make of your predilection for tree "tunnels". What I know is that they can be quite hard to photograph successfully given such strong light contrasts when the sun is shining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could well be right YP. But sometimes, as Freud may have said, a cigar is just a cigar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trees have always fascinated, sometimes scared, sometimes comforted but always intrigued me. I have inordinate respect for trees. For some reason I have always been in love with tree avenues. I think these photos - like one I saw on Dawn Treader's blog a short while ago - are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you. Trees along the road aren't ever allowed to grow together like that here because of the cursed overhead electricity wires but green tunnels are everywhere in country England and I LOVe them.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.