'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Saturday 7 January 2012

Storm Coming


Here's sunset last night over the river at the back of the house. I always forget how much further around the sun travels in summer before it dips its head goodnight. The cloud formations are lovely but unfortunately they are a sign the forecast is right: we have another storm coming. The chances are high that this time the Rena will break in half completely. This weekend, seven-metre waves are predicted - the highest in the three months since the Rena ran aground on the Astrolabe Reef off the coast of Tauranga.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture!

    I had to look up the Rena in the news archive because I hadn't heard about her stranding. Such a shame ... but at least not an oil tanker.

    I wonder if they'll recover the wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jay. I remember that being on the list of contents. The locals at Mount Maunganui might have done more than a casual identification of container contents if one of THOSE had come ashore!
    (Have you ever read 'Whiskey Galore'? A novel with which I bet Geeb is familier.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Geeb is very familiar with both the book and with Eriskay where the SS Politician sank.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.