'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 11 June 2012

Little Show


The weekend before last was the OSNZ* Conference in Tauranga and  I was invited along to show a preview of my Godwit Series exhibition.  
It was a great weekend, with some fantastic speakers, and I really enjoyed being out of the studio and showing my work in public again.  It was especially a pleasure to get feedback and reactions to the work I've done so far, and also to sell some paintings and limited edition prints.  

My little 'Pop Up' gallery set up in the OSNZ conference room.

Table for the sale of my cards and limited edition prints.

Tired but delighted after selling three originals.

Close-up of 'Identification Guide to Godwits and Other Waders'.
* Ornithological Society of New Zealand

13 comments:

  1. When you're at the top of the Tree of Art, I hope you won't forget the minnows who knew you on the way up. Making Art is usually a solitary affair and so I'm pleased you're now getting some positive public acclaim. The idea of connecting ornithology and Art is surely pretty unusual but every bird is itself a work of Art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The encouragement and interest of all my precious supporters is helping me up!
    Us artists are an insecure lot much of the time.
    Comments like yours mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You're now officially on your way.

    Yorkshire Pudding has a way with mixed metaphors, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robert. I AM , aren't I? Happy sigh.

      Delete
  4. they look like stunning illustrations, really beautiful - I've always had an eye for the birds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ArCtic Fox. I'll be able to show them Up Close when we get the art website going...

      Delete
  5. well unlike arctic, I have not but I do love the illustrations especially the godwits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Well, that's understandable John. Some Godwit feathers coming your way soon. A late B'day pressie.

      Delete
  6. I'm so so pleased for you. I can't wait (silly statement 'cos I'll have to) to see them in the flesh (so to speak) in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geeb. I am working hard to 'replace' the sold ones. I had 32 ideas planned - I'll just keep working through them. September probably an exhibition in Auckland. Later: Ze Verld?

      Delete
  7. Jah. Ze Verld vould be gut. Und you deserve ze rrrrecognition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apropos of nothing, I have dedicated my current post to you. (I thought the architecture might appeal to your artistic sensibilities.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, Thank you Robert. It does. Casa batlio has long been on my list for visiting. Organic in the city - has to be a winner with me!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.