'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday 23 December 2012

Christmas Stuff

I have not bought many Christmas presents this year.  And what I have bought, I've tried to fill a need.  Or, at least a 'need'.
There's only just so much room for stuff.  I love that the kids bought me a Kindle for Christmas.  I've already given away three boxes of books.
Recently I've been feeling better and better with less and less.
Before you think I'm getting at you, believe me, I bet I had a lot more than you, I betcha.
With my primary school-teaching resource stuff (that's all subject areas, remember), and my teaching art to children stuff, and all my books, I have a whole house-load alone.
This house has four bedrooms but only two wardrobes and two closets, and that's counting the hot water closet.  So, there's not much room for stuff to be put away in an orderly fashion.

I'm keeping the art stuff, if the local homeschoolers want my primary school resources they can have them for free, and I'm going to have a 'books and junk' garage sale in early February.

Here's the wonderful Leo Kottke with 'Available Space'... and a few other tunes.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I don't have a lot of people to buy presents for and mostly I go for useful and/ or small as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous23.12.12

    Sorry, Katherine, no I don't think you can have had more stuff than me!! I feel a New Year project looming... In the meantime, we've bought ourselves a new bookcase for Christmas. Oh, books do breed, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left all my teaching stuff behind when I retired. Just passed it on to other staffers or into the bin it went. Felt FANTASTIC !Moving house helped us get rid of a lot of stuff but I notice the cupboards are getting very full here again. time to start going through it all WHEN THE AIRCON GETS FIXED !!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few years ago I started clearing things out. It does feel better. It also makes room for different books to take their place!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.