'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 3 July 2014

Sitting Knitting

... on the beach at Ohope on World Knitting in Public Day a couple of weeks ago.
However, is it counted as 'public' when you have to wait for the only other person on the beach to walk the 15 minutes to get to you, to take your photo?



7 comments:

  1. It used to be said that when women got together their main conversational topic was knitting patterns. Of course, I find no amusement in such outrageous insinuations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have asked me; I'd have popped over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked your weather, and for a winter's day it doesn't seem too bad to me. So why is there no other hardy souls out on that gorgeous beach?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose it counts that you made the photo public :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YP, there is a movement these days that has led to a small resurgence in knitting. Perhaps you've heard of yarn bombing?
    Cro, Sorry, it was a spontaneous thing. I will try and remember your kind offer next time.
    VS, mostly because it is winter so there aren't the tourists around, I guess. Don't forget we are only about 4.5 million in a country the same size as the UK which has about 64 million.
    Monica, thank you for your reassurance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could have joined you too if I'd been a bit (well a lot) nearer. When I was knee high to a grasshopper I knitted a green scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got muddled there GB. Thought at first that you had knitted a scarf for a green grasshopper.

      Delete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.